I love a good no bake recipe. Basically mixing a few ingredients and voila within no time you’ve got a yummy treat. My Gruffalo Crumble (spoiler…it’s not a crumble) has been really popular so I wanted to do make something for the spooky season.
These Halloween balls take five minutes…or maybe a little longer if you have helpers and set pretty quickly so can be ready for snack time. They aren’t the healthiest but I’m a firm believer in eating yumminess in moderation.
Everything in Proportion
Of course because you are creating the balls you can make them mini for little ones and giant for yourself. I’m twice as big so obviously my Halloween balls need to be twice as big too.
What you’ll Need:
- Marshmallows 200g
- Butter 80g
- Rice Crispies 160g
- Halloween Sprinkles
What to Do:
- Add the marshmallows and butter to a microwavable bowl and in short burst of twenty seconds, melt and combine. This only took about a minute for us.
- Blitz the rice crispies in a food processor to break them into smaller pieces
- Mix together the marshmallows and rice crispies
- In a separate bowl, pour Halloween sprinkles
- Use your hands to create balls of the mixture and then roll through the sprinkles. This can get messy and good luck trying to stop fingers from being licked. I failed miserably.*
- Place on a plate or tray that can fit inside your fridge and cool for a couple of hours.
- Try not to eat them all at once.
*Alternatively, stir the sprinkles into the marshmallow mixture and scoop into cupcake cakes.
Give it a go
These are a lovely little treat with a slightly spooky twist. I think we’ll use the rest of the sprinkles to decorate some biscuits or cupcakes. Do you make anything special for Halloween?